Monday 24 September 2012

45 Inspiring and Interesting Learning & Education Quotes

Raahub yasar,



Ok, I blatently ripped this from the Lesson Planet facebook fan page the other day!!! 

They asked people what their favorite educational quotes were and when I saw the post, 131 people had already commented,  so I wanted to share my favorite ones from among them, thanks to all the lovely people whose comments I'm sharing here.

Let me know what you think of them and feel free to share this post with any parent or anyone you think would appreciate them:

1 - I am not a teacher for the income but for the outcome. (I love this one)

2 - Discipline is not the enemy of enthusiasm - Joe Clark

3 - No one can be good at everything, but everyone is good at something.

4 - My education was interrupted only by my schooling- Winston Churchill

5 - The only dumb question is the one not asked. (I love this one)

6 - If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (I love this one)

7 - Do or do not, there is no try - Yoda (I love this one)

8  - When I was 5 my mum told me that happiness was the key to life, When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I wrote down 'happy', They told me I didn't understand the assignment, I told them they didn't understand life. (I really love this one)

9 - Those who can, teach.

10 - Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid - Einstein

11 - It's easier to build strong children than it is to fix broken men - Frederick Douglass (I absolutely love this one)

12 - Students don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care - John C Maxwell (I love this one)

13 - Teaching is not a profession, it's a passion

14 - When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece - John Ruskin

15 - If you can't explain it well enough, you don't understand it well enough - Einstein

16 - Do one thing better today than you did it yesterday

17 - What we learn with pleasure we never forget

18 - The children that deserve our love the least are probably the ones who need it the most

19 -  Art leaves no child behind

20 - Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

21 - In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back.

22 - Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go

23 - Intelligence plus character, That is the goal of true education - Dr Martin Luther King, Jr.

24 - Minds are like parachute, they only work when they're open.

25 - You only need to be one day smarter than what you are teaching (Advice from one homeschooling mother to another mother considering homeschooling)

26 - Tell me and I forget, teach me and I remember, involve me and I learn - Ben Franklin

27 - What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing - Aristotle

28 - Education is the most powerful tool used to change the world - Nelson Mandela (I've always been very weary of Nelson Mandela, I feel this powerful change can be for the better or worse, the education system can indoctrinate our children so well that they literally build a docile army of drones, ready to do what they say and even defend their corrupt decisions)

29 - Be the change you hope to see (not exactly focused on education but a good quote all the same)

30 - Good, better best, never let it rest, until your good is your better and your better is your best (I love this one)

31 - Doing what is right is not always popular, doing what is popular is not always right

32 - Aspire to inspire (I love this one)

33 - It takes a village to raise a child  - (I love this one)

34 - Every child can learn, just not the same way or on the same day

35 - If you think reading is boring, your doing it wrong (I'd say that this is true of most things, you can always find a way to enjoy what you are doing and make it enjoyable for children)

36 - Don't be upset by the results you didn't get from the work you didn't do

37 - A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after a success (I love this one)

38 - Fair and equal are not the same - I will always be fair and that won't look equal.

39 - Develop a passion for learning, if you do you will never cease to grow - Anthony D'Angelo

40 - The more you read the better you read, the better you read the more you read.

41 - The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph" - (I love this one)

42- Adults often underestimate the wisdom of children

43 - Those who teach must never cease to learn - (I love this one)

44 - The child's progress does not depend only on his age, but also on being free to look around him - Maria Montessori

45 - The essential thing is to arouse such an interest that it engages the child's whole personality - Maria Montessori.


Here are a few from Sayings Of Malachi Z York - Paa Nabab Yaanun

It is a wise man that learns his studies before the class commences

Teach your children they are the best and they will fit it. 

One does not learn by thinking out loud, but by listening. Now class. 

Let the children have their fun, you were once one. 

Hard work is good exercise.

The best exercise for your body is to work your mind.



Let me know which ones you like or add your own below and make sure you add your email address to the box at the top right of the page to be updated of new posts added to the blog. 

Hatep yasar (peace family) 

Mut Bast.tet En Re

No comments:

Post a Comment