Wednesday 23 January 2013

Nuwaupuyee Hopscotch from Masking tape

Raahub Yasar!


I got the idea from several Pintrest Posts, that you can use masking tape to make temporary games for your children to enjoy inside, that you would normally find outside. 

There were some really fun ones, but I thought I'd start with hopscotch, especially as they'd just learnt how to play it from watching Max & Ruby on Netflix!

If you don't know how to play hopscotch, here's a quick video demonstration, this isn't exactly how we played though - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ikg9qnWrDU 

It took about 15mins to make it and it lasted for about 4 days.I made it on the living room rug where we eat, learn, play, dance and exercise. It was even swept and hoovered twice a day!

I'm probably going to buy a bed sheet and draw this onto it with a permanent maker so I can whip it out when I need it instead of making it each time, but I'm going to make some other floor games with masking tape soon that'll i'll share, including a race track for my son. 

Even though the point of it was to help the kharadu with their nuwaupuyee numbers, after walking over the for a few days, they finally sinked in for me!

You can of course do this with English numbers and getting the children to help you make it will be a fun family activity.

Hatap yasar

Mut Bastat En Rayay (in da house!!!)

2 comments: